Maria C. Medina is a founding partner of Diaz Briscoe Medina, P.A., where she specializes in insurance defense and coverage litigation. Ms. Medina currently focuses her practice in the investigation and defense of first party commercial and homeowner’s insurance claims, insurance coverage, third party insurance defense, bad faith litigation, SIU, appraisal and mediation. She has successfully represented both domestic and international clients as well as local municipalities. In addition, Ms. Medina has significant experience in general litigation, including real estate law, family law, municipal law and labor and employment law, where she defended and prosecuted class action suits involving age and race discrimination. She has over 25 years of experience in State, Federal and Administrative Courts throughout Florida.
Ms. Medina obtained her Juris Doctorate from Saint Thomas University School of Law in 1992 and her BA from the University of Miami in 1989. Ms. Medina is admitted to the Florida Bar and is admitted in Florida’s Southern and Middle districts. She is also a member of the Dade County Bar Association, Cuban Bar Association, Property Insurance Fraud Task Force, and the Florida Advisory Committee on Arson Prevention (FACAP). In addition, she is a major contributor and Team Retention Chairperson for Autism Speaks in Miami-Dade County.
- St. Thomas University, J.D. (1992)
- University of Miami, B.A. (1989)
- Florida Bar (1993)
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida (1993)
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida (2006)
- Property Insurance Fraud Task Force
- Prosecutorial Educational/Outreach Subcommittee Chair, Florida
- Florida Advisory Committee on Arson Prevention (“FACAP”)
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers (“FAWL”)
- Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee (“FIFEC”)
- Dade County Bar Association
- Cuban Bar Association