Esperanza Diaz Briscoe is a founding partner of Diaz Briscoe Medina. In addition to managing the firm, her practice centers on the area of insurance defense. She has substantial civil litigation experience involving bad faith claims, first party claims, SIU, arbitration, appraisal, and mediation.
Previously, Ms. Diaz Briscoe led the first party insurance coverage division for a Miami-based law firm where she handled general civil litigation, defense claims for a variety of domestic and international insurance companies, and maritime personal injury matters for leading cruise lines and other marine companies.
Her experience spans third party insurance defense, personal injury, asbestos litigation, commercial litigation, maritime and premises liability. Ms. Diaz Briscoe has trial experience in State, Federal, and Administrative courts.
- Tulane Law School, J.D. (1991)
- Florida International University, B.A. (1986)
- Cambridge University, C.O.C. (1985)
- Florida Bar
- Louisiana Bar
- United States Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Prosecutorial Educational/Outreach Subcommittee Chair, Florida
- Property Insurance Fraud Task Force
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Latina Lawyers Bar Association
- Florida Advisory Committee on Arson Prevention (“FACAP”)