Beth Blechman is a partner of Diaz Briscoe Medina. Ms. Blechman specializes in the representation of insurance companies in first party property insurance claims with an emphasis on those cases in which there is suspected fraudulent activity. She is involved with the pre-litigation investigation of claims as well as the litigation. She has also represented carriers in the specialized area of workers compensation insurance premium fraud. She has argued cases in Florida’s District Courts and Federal Courts as well as the US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and Georgia Supreme Court.
In the twelve years prior to entering private practice, Ms. Blechman was with the Office of Statewide Prosecution, serving in a variety of capacities in combatting white collar fraud. During that time, she served as Special Counsel for Health Care Fraud prosecutions and as Chief Assistant Statewide Prosecutor in Tallahassee. She received the Governor’s Recognition for Outstanding Service in fighting Medicaid Fraud.
- University of Florida, J.D. (1986)
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science in Broadcast Journalism (1976)
- Florida Bar (1986)
- United States District Court, Southern and Northern Districts of Florida
- Property and Casualty Fraud Task Force
- 17th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee of Florida Bar
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Inns of Court, Palm Beach County
- Guardian Ad Litem Program for the 2nd Judicial Circuit
- Tallahassee Bar Association